Australian Broker forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Resi targeted by ASIC for rate ads

Notify me of new replies via email
Australian Broker | 20 Jun 2012, 06:00 AM Agree 0
Resi is the latest lender to cop a reprimand from ASIC over advertising for its home loans.
  • Loz | 20 Jun 2012, 10:35 AM Agree 0
    I love how they focus so much on bullcrap...comparision rates a largely irrelivant given most customer refinance with 5 years anyway, which renders the comp rate useless.

Why dont they focus on collusion between banks, scores of banks all offering damn near the same thing....

• phil.gt3 | 20 Jun 2012, 11:07 AM Agree 0
    I am in total agreement with Loz! At an AFG function yesterday, the average loan size for mortgages was stated as being massively above $150k for all states. Thus I too fail to see the relevance of a comparison rate as it presently promoted. A more realistic figure would be for $300k over 5 years; this is much closer to the real world in my humble opinion.
  • Dave the broker | 20 Jun 2012, 12:50 PM Agree 0
    people dont care about comparison rates - they want to know how much they are going to pay right now i.e. the current interest rate - ASIC should sort this out asap - $150k over 25 years is a joke!
  • A Broker | 20 Jun 2012, 02:22 PM Agree 0
    If I had a dollar for every time a client has asked me what the comparison rate on a loan is, I'd have $0.
  • Broker | 20 Jun 2012, 05:03 PM Agree 0
    All comments above are 100% correct, ASIC need to get into the real world..
Post a reply