Australian Broker forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

RP Data-Rismark defends its Home Value Index

Notify me of new replies via email
Australian Broker | 06 Jul 2012, 08:15 AM Agree 0
RP Data-Rismark has hit back at criticisms over the accuracy of its Home Value Index June data
  • peter vella | 06 Jul 2012, 04:46 AM Agree 0
    This crappy piece information contributes to about 60% of lost home sales between Harvey Bay,Bundaberg through to Agnes Waters,unreliable garbage which clients consistantlly full foul on yet some propertys sell as much as 30% more than indicated by an absurd service and 90%of customers calling and upset,life is made difficult with this inconsistant and 101 disclaimer service,AVOID WHERE POSSIABLE..
  • John Moore | 06 Jul 2012, 11:31 AM Agree 0
    Problem is that median prices can be skewed by a temporary demand for higher median priced property for a period of time. This could be caused by a higher priced development selling in the area or more sales in an upper price bracket. It will require some analysis but certainly worth a some analysis. The trend over several months can certainly indicate better the market direction.
  • Ken Feltham | 06 Jul 2012, 12:25 PM Agree 0
    Probably one of the more fatuous arguments I have seen. To compare movement of the stock market with property markets is indefensible, where is the research showing a nexus between the market sectors
    The argument ignores the generally accepted idea that property prices are "sticky". It also seems to proceed on the premise that property markets are efficient and reach some form of equilibrium and are not path dependent.
    It always amazes me how academics or economists with probably little practical property market experience are able to model and discern markets.
  • Alwyn Beardmore | 06 Jul 2012, 12:56 PM Agree 0
    Unfortunately for the Bundaberg area here is a large discrepancy between the
    RP Data values and the actual valuation; usually the actual valuation has been a long way lower than the RP Data one.
Post a reply