Australian Broker forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Salt on the wound: PIPA suspends disgraced former broker

Notify me of new replies via email
Australian Broker | 20 May 2013, 06:00 AM Agree 0
Following ASIC's investigation into disgraced former broker, Matt George, PIPA has announced the suspension - and possible expulsion - of both George and his property investment business
  • Bec | 20 May 2013, 10:24 AM Agree 0
    This is not the first time Money Choice has had a formal complaint against them with PIPA, friends of mine made a complaint to PIPA over a year in relation to unlawful credit practises and a property they purchased with them
  • 1martym1 | 20 May 2013, 12:10 PM Agree 0
    Yep the writting was on the wall for this guy yet his memberships and accrediatations were all intact until ASIC stepped in. So many complaints against him in the past from investors seriously out of pocket which should have been noticed and acted upon by the industry bodies and business partners (lenders) well before ASIC stepped in. It is embarrasing that they didn't act before this
  • Briza | 20 May 2013, 04:19 PM Agree 0
    PIAA is the Property Investment Association of Australia.
  • Macca | 06 Jun 2013, 10:32 AM Agree 0
    It has been 4 years at least that the complaints about this bloke have been piling in but nothing got done. He has managed to ruin many hundreds maybe thousands of lives over that period and now the industry regulators step in what about us the victims NOTHING. It is digusting to see how many hard working Aussies have been taken for a ride but no one will return the lives that have been destroyed back to a reasonable state of existance. Why do we have regulating bodies if they dont listen and dont help the victims we believed we were dealing with a licenced compient broker when we invested with this bloke.
  • Macca | 22 Feb 2015, 04:53 PM Agree 0
    It has been a long time since I have last looked back to this page and the comments left about Matt George. My question is has anything happened to this bloke to prevent him trading in this industry or is just business as usual for him. I have heard from what I would consider a reliable source that he is still selling real estate and organising finance if this is true where is ASIC or are they asleep at the wheel again. If anyone knows what he is up to can you just put it up here on this site for all us victims to see and perhaps help prevent a new list of unfortunates.
  • Tyson | 13 Jan 2016, 11:19 AM Agree 0
    Yes he is still operating and running a real estate agency in Claremont St South Yarra Dutton building. Selling apartments for Asian customers.
Post a reply