Australian Broker forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Second broker group busts multi-billion dollar milestone in October

Notify me of new replies via email
Australian Broker | 06 Nov 2013, 08:00 AM Agree 0
One of Australia's largest broking groups has broken the $2 billion mark in home loans lodged during the month of October
  • Peter Fast | 06 Nov 2013, 09:06 AM Agree 0
    Good to see the industry churning on
  • Coast Broker | 06 Nov 2013, 09:35 AM Agree 0
    Lodged but what about settled!
  • Larz | 06 Nov 2013, 09:52 AM Agree 0
    Well done however don't forget it is just the CBA in another form so don't get too excited
  • King Wally | 06 Nov 2013, 10:39 AM Agree 0
    All this record volume but credit growth is still not stellar. Loan life must be coming into about 1.5 years! All this volume at low margin doesn't really work for CBA and NAB. They've had to buy distribution to get anywhere near a customer.
  • Wilko | 06 Nov 2013, 11:06 AM Agree 0
    Still only a handful of groups who can pull this result and not many as profitable as Aussie. Its great for the industry and good for the market. Lodgement to Settlement is up across the board so it will translate.
  • Craig Budden | 07 Nov 2013, 09:37 AM Agree 0
    Larz, I have an Aussie store, & trust me, we are NOT CBA in another form. I am a broker first & foremost, & CBA (or the AHL loans for that matter) are simply another lender on our panel. Comments like that simply demonstrate ignorance of the situation, & that of our requirement, under NCCP, to provide loans relevant to the client.
  • Allan | 07 Nov 2013, 07:02 PM Agree 0
    Nice one Aussie. These guys remain the industry benchmark.
Post a reply