Australian Broker forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Second major moves on rates

Notify me of new replies via email
Australian Broker | 08 Jun 2012, 06:45 AM Agree 0
Another major has slashed rates following the Reserve Bank's 25bp cash rate cut
  • BradQ | 08 Jun 2012, 04:11 PM Agree 0
    I still think what they are ll doing is jacking up the rates on variable to cover the banning on exit fees.... and keeping fixed rates the more competitive option, as they know the customer is going to stick around....
  • JERRY gIBB | 08 Jun 2012, 04:21 PM Agree 0
    he fully understands the pressures householders are under. I do not think so!!!. Greedy and if you are a Westpac client you would seriously question why you would bank with them. Greed is the only motivating factor with this industry. Government get off your bottoms and make these organisations tow the line as the Reserve is trying to stimulate the economy and this industry does the opposite.
  • Garry | 08 Jun 2012, 04:26 PM Agree 0
    The discounts on offer to mortgage holders is no better than the other majors. I get 1.0% discounts for all of my clients with all lenders. This is just greed from Westpac who have always charged higher rates than the others. This greed isnt helping tham at all.
Post a reply