Australian Broker forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Second tier to give brokers two-thirds of business

Notify me of new replies via email
Australian Broker | 31 May 2012, 07:00 AM Agree 0
A second tier has declared it is one of the few credible alternatives to the majors, and that it eventually plans to do upwards of 65% of its business through the third party channel
  • Jason | 31 May 2012, 10:24 AM Agree 0
    Great news, I am reading this as I drift past the 10 minute mark on hold on the Suncorp broker support line.
  • Nicole | 31 May 2012, 10:37 AM Agree 0
    Sorry Suncorp, Your back office is not good. You are taking way too long to approve vanilla deals, we still can't order valuations upfront avoiding delays, and there is confusion in your back office teams, no one is tlaking to the other. Please step into the office of a broker and see how it works from our side. Every thing will always look good from your side.
  • Stuart | 31 May 2012, 10:48 AM Agree 0
    Perhaps they should again review their processes as I can only agree with both the above comments. Their back office is as bad as any of the majors. If they wish have 65% of their business from brokers then they need to significantly improve their back office.
  • John Whitten | 31 May 2012, 11:29 AM Agree 0
    I agree with the above comments. When I do a Suncorp deal my assistants shudder, and have been on hold for up to 20 mins. Processing times have not improved. However it is not only Suncorp who are talking the talk but not walking the walk. BankWest, ING and Westpac are the same. If a bank truly gets their service proposition to brokers correct, and gets their staff to treat us with respect, they will get a considerable share of the business. The only problem then is, will they be geared up to handle the increased volume?
  • Rach | 31 May 2012, 11:29 AM Agree 0
    Agreed - It's not a pleasant experience... I have been offering a large number of options outside of the Big 4 for some time, just not going to Suncorp where I didn't need to - Too hard...
  • Donut | 31 May 2012, 12:31 PM Agree 0
    I agree with all the above comments as fact, but if the loan suits the client, and the client likes Suncorp, what shoud you do? My Suncorp clients love them. I thought it was all about the client.The pain is not that bad, and e-mail communications with the Assessor, working the loan, is pretty good. My BDM is great so I will support Suncorp.
  • Confused??? | 31 May 2012, 01:39 PM Agree 0
    If they want 65% through broker chanel they wont be writing much business overall. If they are serious about the broker space then get serious about processing times, back office and in NSW some of your BDM's. A start would be for the BDM's to return calls and emails...basic stuff.
Post a reply