Australian Broker forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Second tier undertakes BDM restructure

Notify me of new replies via email
Australian Broker | 01 Jun 2012, 05:30 AM Agree 0
A second tier bank is in the process of reviewing its overall BDM headcount, with a review finding it is currently "a bit overweight"
  • Stephen Dinte | 01 Jun 2012, 09:54 AM Agree 0
    Until Suncorp get their credit area firing on all cylinders, any reduction in BDM numbers is probably somewhat premature. My recent experiences with this lender have been underwhelming and it is only as a result of the intervention of my BDM that the deal proceeded. "Don't shoot your messengers".
  • Marc 1 | 01 Jun 2012, 09:56 AM Agree 0
    Cut Andrew Love in the ACT at your peril Suncorp. He's one of the few reasons I use Suncorp - and you are constricting your credit policy when every other bank is opening thiers.
  • Brisbane broker | 01 Jun 2012, 10:04 AM Agree 0
    Well, they could reduce to 1 as they do very little apart from sit at home and answer the phone. Haven't seen ours in over 12 months.
  • Prisco | 01 Jun 2012, 10:12 AM Agree 0
    If you are lamenting only holding 6% of the Broker market, the way to push that number upward is to support your BDMs,sack a few and the number will look a bit sicker.
  • JBJB | 01 Jun 2012, 10:29 AM Agree 0
    Haven't seen a Suncorp BDM at the office in 2 years. Previous dealings have resulted in phone calls from assessors asking for extra information beyond so called minimum or actual documentation requirements. Quick to decline deals that should really be approved & unhelpful BDM. Quite a lot to work on still.
  • Gerhard | 01 Jun 2012, 10:39 AM Agree 0
    Without my BDM, Chris Jones, many a deal would have died a sad death because I would have given up.
    Half an hour wait in the phone queue isn't encouraging either, surprising that they get 6% and the constraint is not the BDM support but processes that apear rather clumsy
  • Tony Thompson | 01 Jun 2012, 10:49 AM Agree 0
    I can understand the need for Suncorp to reduce BDM numbers if you have too many. All I ask is that you make sure it is not my BDM, Andrew West who you move on. This will be the wrong move for me and for Suncorp. In an industry where good BDM's are few and far between, Andrew is one of the best. Please make sure you keep Andrew. It is in your interest as well as mine to do this.
  • Elizabeth Fung | 01 Jun 2012, 11:58 AM Agree 0
    I agree with Tony Thompson - Andrew West is my BDM & I can honestly say that without him & his efforts I would not have used Suncorp. He is always there when we need him. We need more BDMs like him so he is one that should stay!
Post a reply