Australian Broker forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Significant opportunity for brokers as asset finance surges

Notify me of new replies via email
Julia Corderoy | 28 Oct 2015, 08:00 AM Agree 0
The federal government’s small business tax incentives present an enormous opportunity for brokers, as demand for asset finance surges
  • Manly Boy | 28 Oct 2015, 02:04 PM Agree 0
    "particularly when structuring the $20k business purchase through a lease or chattel mortgage."

Brokers would be ill-advised to recommend a "lease" for taking advantage of the accelerated depreciation for individual assets costing less than $20K. Since the funder retains ownership of the asset until end-of-term and the suppliers invoice is made out to the funder, I very much doubt the borrower can legally claim the assets depreciation in any way.

The best finance type for claiming the accelerated depreciation is a Chattel Mortgage (or similar structure).
  • Tawnya | 29 Oct 2015, 05:30 PM Agree 0
    Appreciate the recommendation. Let me try it out.
  • Marcel | 07 Nov 2015, 05:03 AM Agree 0
    The dollar amount of the EEM improvements cannot exceed 5% of the property's value (not to exceed $8,000) or $4,000, whichever is greater. I was able to stay away and do traditional, conventional type financing for people. There are certain affordable mortgage options which can help first-time homebuyers overcome obstacles that made purchasing a home challenging in the past. Once that is out of the way your agent can be a great source of information about homes, writing a contract, home inspections, financing programs and much more. Acquiring homes continues to be made a lot easier mainly because of this particular advantage. With his outstanding negotiating skills, as well as extensive experience in this industry, he is the only person that you need to assist you in finding your dream home in East Hampton.
  • Andres | 16 Nov 2015, 07:39 AM Agree 0
    FHA loans call for that an UFMIP costs equivalent to 1.35 percent of the base home mortgage amount be included in the lending balance.
Post a reply