Australian Broker forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Small operators better off: Doobov

Notify me of new replies via email
Australian Broker | 24 Aug 2011, 06:00 AM Agree 0
An MPA Top 100 Broker has claimed solo operators may have more earning potential than brokers who are part of a franchise network
  • mortgageandlease | 24 Aug 2011, 09:38 AM Agree 0
    Doobov is probably right to a degree. An ideal world is a mix of both. Brokers (such as Wendy Higgins- No 1 broker Australia Wide), I believe generates a lot of her referral direct, as well as the Mortgage Choice referral. I would actually say she probably generates more direct then through her aggregator. IF you are happy to sit and wait for the referral, you wont do as well as getting out there and generating leads.
  • former MC broker | 24 Aug 2011, 12:29 PM Agree 0
    I can tell you Wendy would be generating almost all of her leads doing the business she does. For a high performer like her though the model MC has means she would be getting an income split from the franchisor close to what a independent broker would be getting. Its the unsuccesful MC brokers whop are giving up close on 40% - 50% of income.
Post a reply