Australian Broker forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Sorry Bouris; you're no big bank boogeyman, says major

Notify me of new replies via email
Australian Broker | 22 Apr 2013, 08:00 AM Agree 0
A major bank spokesperson has dismantled claims that Mark Bouris' YBR could force one of the majors to move on rates by the end of the year
  • Jack | 22 Apr 2013, 10:42 AM Agree 0
    More Bouris spin! Don't forget that during the GFC Macquarie bank left their customers high and dry with an extra 1% on their rate. A leopard does not change it spots. Beware!
  • Rosa | 22 Apr 2013, 10:45 AM Agree 0
    So now we have a second large Broker company selling out to a lender as per Aussie looks like YBR will be eventually be owned by a Bank oh dear! I really don't think the likes of Macquarie are going to scare the big 4
  • Keith B | 22 Apr 2013, 10:57 AM Agree 0
    If you live by the sword (price alone) you die by the sword...just ask many of the disgurunted franschaise owners of Wizard!.

I think too YBR will have a problem sell vanilla based loans only via Macquarie. This means they will and remain always at the pricings set by Macquarie cost of funds and we know their history at the outbreak of the GFC
  • SIDBROKER | 22 Apr 2013, 11:03 AM Agree 0
    Jack, That is 2% on low docs and no docs. Brokers and clients are not going to forget.
  • Moonae | 22 Apr 2013, 11:03 AM Agree 0
    Bouris is a brand. What he has done is secure Macquarie funding wholesale and white labelled it. I could name dozens of white label groups who do the same. There is nothing special here and no differentiation just spin from someone whom unfortunately the media is prepared to give oxygen to.
  • Kevin C | 22 Apr 2013, 11:14 AM Agree 0
    Maybe YBR and their salaried executives should talk to their distributors who are all moaning about giving up 30% of their income for what?
Post a reply