Australian Broker forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

'Staggering' membership growth for MFAA, FBAA

Notify me of new replies via email
Australian Broker | 20 Aug 2013, 07:00 AM Agree 0
Both the MFAA and the FBAA have experienced a membership boom over the past month, despite the former's expulsion of more than 1,000 members earlier this year
  • Geoff | 20 Aug 2013, 11:01 AM Agree 0
    Gee now these stats are a surprise. Almost everyone I know has moved away from the MFAA to the FBAA and yet the MFAA now still claim they have increased their membership? Excuse me for questioning hat news release !!
  • FBAA can't be serious | 20 Aug 2013, 12:16 PM Agree 0
    How stupid does the FBAA think we are with the comment 'run by finance brokers for finance brokers'. Look at the executive. 4 of the 6 board members aren't brokers.

Membership of FBAA and MFAA should not be compulsory. That will is the true test of membership loyalty.
  • Broker | 20 Aug 2013, 01:42 PM Agree 0
    The FBAA number are certainly somewhat more believable due to the mass exodus from the MFAA, whereas MFAA numbers read just like political spin.

Both these organisations need to focus on what their fee paying members value not their own value$
  • Stan | 20 Aug 2013, 02:28 PM Agree 0
    In reply to "FBAA can't be serious":

You have it all wrong.

4 of the 6 board members are currently practicing brokers. A fifth sold his broking business last year and the sixth has been involved, at grass roots level, in the finance industry since 1966.
  • ozboy | 20 Aug 2013, 03:17 PM Agree 0
    Please don't think the MFAA numbers are ALL brokers, they are not.
  • FBAA can't be serious | 21 Aug 2013, 06:57 AM Agree 0
    Stan that simply isn't true and you know it.
  • ozboy | 21 Aug 2013, 10:18 AM Agree 0
    FBAA can't be serious, put some meat on those bones, provide some information to back up your claims.
  • FBAA can't be serious | 21 Aug 2013, 01:47 PM Agree 0
    Just for you Ozboy.

Peter White, Ron Guthrie, Stan Millar and John Mulcair all ex brokers.
Post a reply