Australian Broker forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Start-up aggregator officially launches

Notify me of new replies via email
Julia Corderoy | 06 Apr 2016, 08:31 AM Agree 0
Challenger aggregator officially launches its technology-driven retail and aggregation business
  • Manly Boy | 06 Apr 2016, 10:07 AM Agree 0
    An aggregator that accesses lenders through an aggregator? No, that's not an aggregator, that's a brokerage!
  • Sydney broker | 06 Apr 2016, 01:37 PM Agree 0
    It's what they call a sub aggregator. Good luck hopefully this will shake the competition soon!!
  • Jaci Smith | 06 Apr 2016, 04:32 PM Agree 0
    Hi Manly Boy,
    We are a sub-aggregator - why, because we are a startup and we wanted to give our brokers the same level of commissions they enjoy at other aggregators, and secondly the confidence around commission payments. To be clear, our arrangement with Vow is purely for lender access and payment of commissions. We enjoy working beside Vow, our ideals are aligned. In relation to a brokerage, don't know many that have built their own software platforms from the ground up. Thanks for your feedback though, we like the opportunity to clear any misconceptions. Feel free to drop on by!
  • mac | 06 Apr 2016, 05:01 PM Agree 0
    50/50 split on upfront and trail from leads generated from the My Local platform and normal 90/10 etc. splits for the brokers other leads. Good in theory problematic in practice in the real world. If they can crack that nut good luck to them, but I have my doubts.
  • Workin' hard for someone else | 07 Apr 2016, 11:55 AM Agree 0
    50/50 on upfront and trail from the referral/lead generation platform... For those odds you better hope for many strong QUALIFIED leads & a great conversion rate. Reality it will be many, many weak UNQUALIFIED leads that will fail to qualify and those that you can get across the line will be a lot of hard work for the broker. Not to mention all those tyre kickers.

Workin' hard for someone else!
  • Jesse Asovale | 05 Jun 2016, 08:35 AM Agree 0
    Jaci Smith,

I'm new to all this and have nearly completed my cert IV in finance and mortgage broker. I find it interesting and support your idea and the concept.
Post a reply