Australian Broker forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Study reveals the most broker-reliant banks in Australia

Notify me of new replies via email
Australian Broker | 16 May 2013, 08:00 AM Agree 0
Roy Morgan Research has laid out a list of the lenders whose clients are most likely to use a broker - and those whose clients are most likely to stay away
  • SIDBROKER | 16 May 2013, 10:27 AM Agree 0
    Do brokers use bankwest still.???? They keep bringing out price point products and don`t allow the brokers to use them. I gave up on bankwest.
  • M C | 16 May 2013, 10:27 AM Agree 0
    Not rocket science. Those lenders identified dont have strong 'regional' branch representation (outside metro areas) so Australia wide to reach non metro based clients the broker channel offers a very cost effective & efficient alternative. That allows very sharp pricing without heavy branch oncosts & as we evolve & integrate more with 'E' commerce, those branch structures for 'basic' products will become redundant. Clients hold the relationship with the broker & simply use the bank for daya to day supply of 'basic' financial products. When I say basic, I'm distinguishing the difference between those & more complex commercial products.
  • Jim W | 16 May 2013, 11:02 AM Agree 0
    Bankwest, is mainly based in WA, where the use of Brokers is far and above that of the National average. The major Banks use of Brokers in WA is similar to that of Bankwest.
  • michael eberand | 16 May 2013, 11:31 AM Agree 0
    so which ones were less likely ? why just tell half the story.
Post a reply