Australian Broker forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Swan brings in bank 'tick and flick'

Notify me of new replies via email
Australian Broker | 22 Aug 2011, 05:15 AM Agree 0
Consumers will soon have the ability to switch deposit accounts "with the stroke of a pen", following a plan to ease account switching
  • JD | 22 Aug 2011, 12:11 PM Agree 0
    It would be great if the governement made it just as easy to "flick" the government every time they stuffed up and wasted tax payers money. The pen would have run out of ink!!
  • Paradime | 22 Aug 2011, 12:11 PM Agree 0
    Wayne, It will only be reviewed in 2 years if the coalition decides to review it because you won't be around then.
  • WhistleBlower | 22 Aug 2011, 12:41 PM Agree 0
    Must admit, I love the way Politicians drag out lame News and plant it in the media to cover one of their own who's 'allegedly' been thieving tax-payer funds on his Union Credit Card.

Good one Swannie... and on a Sunday, awesome job.
  • Chris C | 22 Aug 2011, 01:14 PM Agree 0
    Everything else Swannie has done, ends up playing right into the banks coffers and costing us a fortune, wonder how much this one will cost us. Banks will not do all this work for free. Lower deposit rates / higher fees / or higher loan rates and fees across the board to compensate.
  • mortgageandlease | 22 Aug 2011, 01:30 PM Agree 0
    How is it supposed to work? BSB will still have to be changed or we will have payments bouncing everywhere?

As usual, some sort of spin to take off the Labor Government's ineptness in most areas.

I really can't see how this will work.
  • sidbroker | 23 Aug 2011, 11:46 AM Agree 0
    To mortgageandlease, Has anything ever worked that any labor govt. has done? Possibly their credit cards do when some of the mp`s wish to enhance their lifestyle at the taxpayers expense!
Post a reply