Australian Broker forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

The Senate inquiry: key findings summarised

Notify me of new replies via email
Australian Broker | 09 May 2011, 04:30 AM Agree 0
The Senate Economics Committee has recommended a last minute reversal of the government's ban on DEFs, in a rejection of its competition policy
  • sidbroker | 06 May 2011, 03:54 PM Agree 0
    At last "SOME SANITY". Now the next thing is to roll back NCCP to a practicul level as it is totally destructive and unworkable. Particularily to self employed people.
  • Alan | 06 May 2011, 04:16 PM Agree 0
    Looks like too little too late me thinks..... either way i think the banks have a lot of cheek to have exit fees and commission cuts in light of RECORD net profits. Feels like gonad squeezing again.
  • Damien | 06 May 2011, 04:20 PM Agree 0
    What an absolute mess this government has created, are they capable of getting anything right?

You can bet that these findings by the Senate enquiry will just be dismissed and these fools will just introduce all the wrong legislation, whilst claiming to have half a clue as to what they are doing.

One would think that after they announced this, and the major banks shares soared, they would wake up and get a clue as to the damage this rabble are doing to this industry
  • melbbroker | 06 May 2011, 05:01 PM Agree 0
    Can this gov't ever get anything right, they do things against their own party recomendation...... RMBS support program similar to the Canadian model, last time i checked they were at 70%LVR!!
  • Damien 2 | 06 May 2011, 05:54 PM Agree 0
    thanks god for some smart people in the senate!!!
  • positivebroker | 07 May 2011, 09:33 AM Agree 0
    At last a voice of reason. Hopefully the govt will reverse this kneejerk populist decision made by people who have no clue about how mortggages are are funded and priced.
  • John C | 07 May 2011, 10:50 AM Agree 0
    Well Damien, the Australian people will have to wear the consequences, as they idiotic enough to vote the current government in.... What is really needed with Goverment being a Minority Government (be thankful for small mercies) to make sure the arguments are put to the independants and the opposition to prevent any further detrimental changes. Nothing like the thought of losing the next election to have the Government re-think their position when there is a ground-swell of opposition against them.
Post a reply