Australian Broker forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Tight APRA reins could hit bank profits

Notify me of new replies via email
Maya Breen | 16 Mar 2015, 08:51 AM Agree 0
Bank profitability could be impacted as APRA warns banks on tougher capital requirements.
  • Chris C | 16 Mar 2015, 10:57 AM Agree 0
    The majors continue to offer short 2-3 year terms on their business and commercial property loans that after this term require the borrower to pay another loan fee to extend the same loan and sometimes another revaluation fee/s that together can cost thousands for the same loan. The customer has no real safety net on a term of loan supporting their business or property investment that they used to get 10-15 years for. 2nd tier Banks continue to offer 10-15 year terms AND provide up to 5 years fixed AND provide better fixed & variable rates AND with no ongoing fees ie. complete contrasts to the majors that cry poor (whilst they enjoy huge /record profits), I will continue placing my customers with the 2nd tier banks. Its best for the customer on price AND also for their security of investment / tenure.
  • Really? | 16 Mar 2015, 11:32 AM Agree 0
    Yea lets reduce lending apra....despite the fact that the Feds say our economic recovery will be led by the home building industry (and its the only economic activity not in decline). Pity all the government entities cant get together & decide on one direction for the country.
Post a reply