Australian Broker forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Top broker advises on maximum growth with minimum pain

Notify me of new replies via email
Julia Corderoy | 18 Jun 2015, 07:58 AM Agree 0
Do your brokers have enough support staff? A Sydney brokerage on a lightning path of growth shares how he is achieving maximum growth with minimum growth pains
  • Papery | 18 Jun 2015, 09:55 AM Agree 0
    Nice..... if your in Sydney where the average house price is approaching $1m, so the average mortgage deal size is also BIG leading to a larger com which allows you to hire so many more support staff.
  • Part time believer | 18 Jun 2015, 02:35 PM Agree 0
    Two question for Otto. 1) How much do the support staff suck out of the bottom line and 2) Is this growth for growth sake? Ps I also submitted $12 mil in last month and I have one part time admin assistant. Guess who makes more money?
  • Michael Kent | 18 Jun 2015, 03:45 PM Agree 0
    Typical Aussie tall poppy syndrome at its best! Jealous? Give credit where it's due, good on them I say!
  • Ron Lloyd | 19 Jun 2015, 08:52 AM Agree 0
    Well done Otto and well said Michael Kent. Tall poppy syndrome indeed. Part time believer may well have written $12mil last month with 1 part time staff member, but I'm wondering whether his" systems" will allow him to continue doing this month after month.
  • Harold Spencer | 19 Jun 2015, 09:39 AM Agree 0
    Funny how the negative commentator's don't use their real name. I wonder why that is?
  • SEQ Broker | 19 Jun 2015, 10:36 AM Agree 0
    Honestly, I have written 3 mill this month and that is a good month for me. I don't have support staff at all, doing everything myself and I can say 3 mill is about my limit. That is 11 loans.

Sometimes you get a whole bunch of 200 - 300k loans that in reality cost you the same time as $500k loans or more. My point is, I agree.

If you want to grow you need to employ support. Otherwise you have to make a call between a new appointment or getting a submission done on time. Either way your service is suffering.
  • Matthew Hanksenberg | 22 Jun 2015, 07:06 PM Agree 0
    Agreed with Harold for a onean band $3M is good coin but hard work!
  • Matthew Hanksenberg | 23 Jun 2015, 07:08 AM Agree 0
    Well Done Otto, you are not only working to look after yourself but you support the incomes of employees and their respective families. There are always going to be other brokers who will have "Tall Popy Syndrome". To be able to do $12M is a great feat but to help 30 other brokers aim for this...its the whole teach a person how to fish.

Well done mate.
Post a reply