Australian Broker forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Trail books to benefit from arrears shock

Notify me of new replies via email
Australian Broker | 28 Mar 2012, 06:00 AM Agree 0
An unexpected jump in mortgage arrears could actually yield benefits for brokers’ trail books as the average loan life stretches out
  • Tony | 28 Mar 2012, 09:47 AM Agree 0
    How many lenders pay trail when loan is in arrears?
  • Ian | 28 Mar 2012, 09:50 AM Agree 0
    Given that lenders don't pay trail on loans in arrears (even though they are charging higher rates), I fail to see how this adds value to the trail book when your actual trail is dropping away.
  • Vbliquidity | 28 Mar 2012, 10:37 AM Agree 0
    Any broker knows trails stop when the mtg is in arrears, worse further trail stops completely when trfrd to their hardship management. Surprising comment from a trail broker!
  • Darren | 28 Mar 2012, 12:45 PM Agree 0
    Call me naive, but the notion of celebrating increasing arrears (and therefore the stress and pain it causes borrowers) because of better trail revenues, is a very bad look for our industry. I find it morally repugnant that people are propagating this view.
  • Abe Muchnik | 28 Mar 2012, 12:59 PM Agree 0
    As Australian Broker is a place for positive industry interaction, how can you post such a comment, which is a NEGATIVE to our industry, when a client goes into arrears and as a result gets himself into a LONGER TERM to repay the loan!
  • SteveOz | 28 Mar 2012, 04:17 PM Agree 0
    Nice spin......
Post a reply