Australian Broker forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Uneducated, educated: Where do you stand?

Notify me of new replies via email
Australian Broker | 23 Apr 2012, 02:00 AM Agree 0
Australian Broker has been inundated with opinion on how seriously other professionals take brokers, depending on education level
  • Country Broker | 23 Apr 2012, 10:27 AM Agree 0
    i believe the standard should be a diploma , as the June 30th deadline, we have all have 18 months to get it,i have held mine since Feb 2011 .It will be very interesting to see what the attitude of broker members is like at the MFAA conference in Adeliade!
  • Dave | 23 Apr 2012, 10:37 AM Agree 0
    I've been in the industry for 12 year, a piece of paper at this stage makes no difference to how well I do my job! I think other professionals make up their mind on your ability the moment you open your mouth...regardless of your qualifications!
    In saying that I think new comers need all the training they can get, whether it's a piece of paper or on the job training.
  • Ray C | 23 Apr 2012, 10:43 AM Agree 0
    For years now the Training Companies have only been interested in Sales. The MFAA is the biggest receipient.
  • ozboy | 23 Apr 2012, 12:51 PM Agree 0
    So when did theory become better than doing?
    Ask yourself this; 2 brokers one with 10 years experience and a Cert IV and one with 1 years experience and a diploma. Who would you use for your loan?

It's a no brainer, while education is great nothing like experience.
Post a reply