Australian Broker forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Use caution when dealing with 'mature' clients under NCCP, says legal expert

Notify me of new replies via email
Australian Broker | 28 Feb 2013, 06:00 AM Agree 0
Lenders and brokers shouldn't be deterred from dealing with mature clients under NCCP Act changes - but additional steps need to be taken
  • Kevin Conlon | 28 Feb 2013, 09:37 AM Agree 0
    Well said, Jon.

Your article clearly outlines a practical solution to a problem that should never have arisen.

It is frustrating that we raised this issue at an early stage of the Industry Consultation process and despite our protests that it be resolved upfront rather than being dealt with through Regulatory Guidance, industry now carries the burden of developing a solution.

I can't see how consumers gain any advantage from this process.

Kevin Conlon
    CEO -Council of Mortgage Lenders
  • Papery | 28 Feb 2013, 10:32 AM Agree 0
    I cna see that scenario now...sitting inthe Brokers office with Mr & Mrs 45 & asking that they provide that particular statment. After the ridiculous discussion about what the future may or may not have in store for them, Im sure theyd sign it...we all know that most loans are lucky to run 4 years these days & reflects peoples ongoing chaniging circumstances as life unfolds....
Post a reply