Australian Broker forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Valuers finally 'catching up': Brokers

Notify me of new replies via email
Australian Broker | 30 Jul 2013, 08:00 AM Agree 0
Valuers in at least one major Australian property market appear to be 'catching up' with increased market activity, according to local brokers
  • Daniel | 30 Jul 2013, 09:32 AM Agree 0
    Does anyone know which Mining area has a 15% yield??
  • Jeff | 30 Jul 2013, 09:32 AM Agree 0
    Aren't Valuers supposed to be 'up to date' with the market - instead of catching up. In SA they've gone back to the 1920's.
  • Kathy | 30 Jul 2013, 09:42 AM Agree 0
    I've not seen much of an improvement. Valuations on purchases seem to be in line with the market, but I am finding valuations on properties to be refinanced coming in well under. I find that I am doing the valuers job for them by disputing their vals and sending them data on recent comparable sales.
  • Robert | 30 Jul 2013, 12:44 PM Agree 0
    Daniel,

Newman in WA still has great rental returns. Has hit a slow spot right now. Decreasing returns and sales almost at a standstill. Information from industry heads visiting Newman paint a picture of steady upward demand for Iron Ore over the next 20 plus years. They also point out it will not be a smooth ride. Plenty of ups and downs on the way . Caveat Emptor
  • Dean | 30 Jul 2013, 05:20 PM Agree 0
    Yeah right just catching up to the slump they created. Hopeless the lot of them.
  • shaz | 30 Jul 2013, 10:51 PM Agree 0
    Moranbah central QLD. I have a client who is getting $7800 p/mth on a $600k purchase (that is a 15% yield)however they are trying at the moment to put a ceiling on it at $1000 a week in that area.
  • Kieran | 31 Jul 2013, 11:34 AM Agree 0
    I never knew valuers were sooooo influential. I always thought markets were a free exchange between supply and demand!?
Post a reply