Australian Broker forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Want to be successful? Learn to sack clients, says top broker

Notify me of new replies via email
Julia Corderoy | 13 May 2015, 08:00 AM Agree 0
Having a clear understanding of who your ideal client is and learning to sack the ones who don't fit that definition will make you a better broker, says leading broker
  • Ashfield broker | 13 May 2015, 08:48 AM Agree 0
    What a non sense comment! Good luck to you and your enedevours joining the banks and share the crumps of the pie forgetting why you are broker in first place!
  • Rich | 13 May 2015, 09:02 AM Agree 0
    Couldn't agree more.
  • Peter Heinrich | 13 May 2015, 12:27 PM Agree 0
    It appears to me that if you find your ideal client and they like your service so much they will refer others to you. When they refer to you the chances are their referrals will be people very much like them so it is a self fulfilling prophecy. Occasionally you will receive referrals that don't fit the mould but this could be because the ideal client might be so pleased with you they want you to help someone who is not like them but needs help. Receiving a referral is an honour and is very flattering. Someone refers because they like what you do. It is your duty then to do the best you can. I don't believe sacking clients is an option. If they are referred someone is saying you are good and they want you to help.
  • marty | 13 May 2015, 02:19 PM Agree 0
    I agree 100% in sacking clients, in fact I am so successful at it I write virtually no business at all. Seriously though the occasional one does get pushed to bottom of the enquiry pile while I secretly hope they don't call back. Usually that's enough.
  • Papery | 15 May 2015, 10:37 AM Agree 0
    @Peter Heinrich.....couldnt agree more.
    You never know where or when your next lead is coming from....and people have long memories. While they may not fit the target today, in time they just might.
Post a reply