Australian Broker forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

'We won't forget Diploma deadline', MFAA warns

Notify me of new replies via email
Australian Broker | 27 Jan 2012, 07:00 AM Agree 0
The MFAA has vowed to follow up brokers who have yet to fulfill their Diploma requirements as the 30 June deadline nears
  • Broker | 27 Jan 2012, 09:32 AM Agree 0
    Won't forget , possibly as nothing else is on their agenda. I just recently completed my diploma and cam honestly say that after 9 years in this game, I learnt nothing.
  • ozboy | 27 Jan 2012, 10:07 AM Agree 0
    Ah "The board will consider" sounds like a get out clause to me!
  • JBJB | 27 Jan 2012, 10:15 AM Agree 0
    The MFAA have not done enough to explain why it feels it's members need to go through the hassle and expense of another qualification, being one that neither ASIC nor lenders require of brokers. Does MFAA feel there is a competance problem with it's members that will be resolved with this diploma? I've been a member for 9 years, but this is an expensive waste of time which will see me joining the FBA and allowing my MFAA membership to lapse.
  • Ray- Perth | 27 Jan 2012, 12:09 PM Agree 0
    Who realy cares what this dictatorial organisation says anyway. Compulsory membership may be stopped soon anyway which will be a about time
  • ray | 30 Jan 2012, 09:00 PM Agree 0
    I also have done my diploma and was none the wiser. Waste of time and money.
  • Allan Faint | 20 Apr 2012, 12:27 PM Agree 0
    have paid the money to go to a course, am yet to complete though, as I have not had the time. If I dont get time to complete, I guess I will roll over to the FBA and complete it when I have the time. Am yet to see anything in it that will benefit my clients. who as I understand is who this is suposed to be helping.
Post a reply