Australian Broker forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Westpac launches free nation-wide road show for brokers

Notify me of new replies via email
Australian Broker | 08 Aug 2013, 07:00 AM Agree 0
Westpac has announced a free road show for brokers, to be held in each of the five major capital cities
  • Sydney Broker | 08 Aug 2013, 09:58 AM Agree 0
    Wow. That's so exciting...
    I dont have to pay to turn up and be "sold to" for an afternoon?
    What a bargain......
    Are you guys going?? See you there! (or maybe not)
  • Louis | 08 Aug 2013, 10:09 AM Agree 0
    It's great that Westpac are keen on broker business. They cancelled my accreditation because I didn't meet their criteria even though my business has a $50M portfolio with the group. I refuse to pay them a fee to be re-accredited! As far as I'm concerned, it's a gain for other lenders and wonder how many other brokers are in a similar position.
  • PeterT | 08 Aug 2013, 10:27 AM Agree 0
    Another iPad app? Who cares! If Westpac wants business, they need to pass on an extra 10 points at the next rate cut, increase upfront commissions by another 10 points, improve BDM interatctions, allow upfront valuations, then leave it that way for at least 12 months.
    If they can do all that, I may start to write business with them again.
  • Country Broker | 08 Aug 2013, 11:27 AM Agree 0
    Why would it be anything but free , attitude and services will need to improve before I feel FREE to deal with them, just sick of lost docs , slow approvals and settlement being delayed by their service. A free I pad app will not reverse that decision even if it is free. Pleanty of other Majors a, regionals and white label to deal with
  • Raphael Tarazy | 08 Aug 2013, 11:54 AM Agree 0
    I thought to comment on the fact that at least 50% of Smartphone and Tablet users are not Apple. Banks and other services need to have an Android option. Google and Samsung have made significant inroads into Apple's share of the industry.
  • Papery | 08 Aug 2013, 03:30 PM Agree 0
    Ho-hum...its just another phone is already full of them....& most of them are just clutter
  • Perth Broker | 08 Aug 2013, 06:18 PM Agree 0
    ditto Peter T - you have hit the nail on the head when it comes to Australia's first bank!
  • Raphael Tarazy | 09 Aug 2013, 02:34 PM Agree 0
    I also regularly reviews my apps in Google Android and delete and update the ones I need
Post a reply