Australian Broker forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

White blasts MFAA lobbying power

Notify me of new replies via email
Australian Broker | 27 Jun 2011, 05:00 AM Agree 0
FBAA president Peter White has claimed the rally to see the exit fee ban overturned was fated to fail
  • Broker | 27 Jun 2011, 12:36 PM Agree 0
    Just another MFAA failure to add to their sorry list failures over the years, I certainly cannot recall the MFAA ever getting a “win” for it’s fee paying members, hence why I no longer hand over $500 per annum, what’s the point when you get NOTHING in return?

At least my $395 annual fee to the FBAA saves me $105!. and the FBAA have their paying members livelihoods in mind.
  • larz | 27 Jun 2011, 12:53 PM Agree 0
    Great to see the FBAA standing up for the interests of their members by critising the other member organisation for trying to do something. At least the MFAA go enoght support to put the exit fee ban to a vote and they only needed one more vote to get it thrown out. What did the FBAA do to try to get the ban overturned except say it was too hard to even try.
  • Annon Broker | 27 Jun 2011, 01:35 PM Agree 0
    Larz, Having been a member of the FBAA for quite a few years now and i think if you were a member also you would see how much Peter White and the FBAA have been doing behind the scenes to get the Exit Fee Ban looked at and reversed, they have also made there thoughts public for several months on this. If you read the current media releases from Peter White you will see that he is outlining DIRECTLY to senate where they have the ban wrong and how it should be corrected, he has taken a smart move on it though and would rather get situations sorted before he makes promises to his member base that he cannot keep. I left the MFAA years ago because of so many promises that were not kept and so many fees that i just had to keep paying for things that are not delivered. At least Peter White is not creating waves he is going to the source and aiding in fixing it. If you look at Peter’s track record you will also see that he has always had his member’s interest at heart rather than lining the FBAA's pockets. Never has White said that it was to hard, he said that it has been approached the wrong way!!
Post a reply