Australian Broker forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Whittingham begins five-day hearing in Melbourne Magistrates Court

Notify me of new replies via email
Julia Corderoy | 16 Aug 2016, 08:49 AM Agree 0
Infamous trail book scammer Mark Whittingham has fronted Melbourne Magistrates Court on charges relating to 50 counts of deception
  • Dave Robinson | 16 Aug 2016, 09:13 AM Agree 0
    Who will be first to get the photo?
  • WA | 16 Aug 2016, 10:35 AM Agree 0
    I informed the toothless MFAA in the early days of 2010 or earlier but they won't lift a finger.
    • Dave Robinson | 17 Aug 2016, 09:05 AM Agree 0
      Hey WA I saw warnings from the MFAA about him but was wondering what else you expected the MFAA to do?
  • Imation | 17 Aug 2016, 12:50 PM Agree 0
    Hey Dave ... The MFAA should have made a complaint to the relevant State Fraud Squad for investigation. If someone suspects another of a crime, isn't it their duty to report the crime to the authorities?
  • Dave Robinson | 19 Aug 2016, 08:00 AM Agree 0
    Hi Imation, how could the MFAA make a complaint when they were not involved in the transaction? Did you report the crime?

While the MFAA is far from perfect, to blame them for something outside of their control is bit harsh. My understanding is that people who felt that they had been defrauded had reported the incident/s to the police and CAV, their investigators then did their thing and we are now seeing the outcomes. If I have missed something please let me know.
Post a reply