Australian Broker forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Whittingham in custody on new charges

Notify me of new replies via email
Australian Broker | 18 Mar 2015, 02:45 PM Agree 0
A statement obtained by Australian Broker shows accused fraudster Mark Whittingham is facing new charges whilst on bail
  • Well informed | 18 Mar 2015, 02:55 PM Agree 0
    About time!! I hope he is sharing a cell with bubba and gets what he deserves...
  • Xavier | 18 Mar 2015, 02:57 PM Agree 0
    Awesome.. Happy to hear he finally got caught!
  • Andrew | 18 Mar 2015, 03:00 PM Agree 0
    About time. At least 10 years doing this.he will be out in 5 to ne with cashed up wife.
  • Jon | 18 Mar 2015, 04:16 PM Agree 0
    How can we lodge further complaints on this guy, he owes us over 10000.00 for dud leads.
  • Macarthur Broker | 18 Mar 2015, 04:47 PM Agree 0
    Best news I've had all day. Lets hope he gets what he deserves!
  • Coast Broker | 18 Mar 2015, 04:58 PM Agree 0
    Hopefully some hardened criminals will take a liking to him while he is held in custody.
  • Ray-Perth | 18 Mar 2015, 05:45 PM Agree 0
    What I just don't understand is he was doing this for at least 5 years ... Then why on earth did it take so long for him to be charged?
  • FRED | 18 Mar 2015, 09:22 PM Agree 0
    Best news I have in ten years. When I first met him he took me for lots of money, more then most here I am sure... Please let me know when the court case is, I will fly home for it... YES BUBBA IS WAITING IN THE SMALL HOUSE...
  • Michael Kent | 19 Mar 2015, 08:40 AM Agree 0
    Yeah, lets wait and see the light sentence he will get and then halve that for good behaviour. My prediction is he will be out in 3 short years and will start where he left off.
  • FRED | 19 Mar 2015, 08:53 AM Agree 0
    This guy worked at Westpac when I met him and he was let go there, yes some ten years ago, I would like to know what happen to guys who helped him buy Trail Book etc etc, maybe they have some responsibility as well. He was close to these people who gave him the funds to buy the books and encouraged him, make crooked promises, where he never intended to pay for the trail books.
  • Andrew L | 19 Mar 2015, 09:04 AM Agree 0
    I'm sure I speak for numerous brokers who have been scammed by this criminal when I say... YAY!
  • Well Informed | 19 Mar 2015, 09:22 AM Agree 0
    I'm still disappointed a photo of this guy hasn't been published??
  • Jon | 19 Mar 2015, 12:52 PM Agree 0
    Maybe Westpac should look how he sold over 400 leads xwestpac account.
  • Alex | 19 Mar 2015, 09:38 PM Agree 0
    So glad he's in custody, was so close to depositing $70k into his acct for deposit on several large trail books. I'm 99% certain they never existed and would have done my dough! If it sounds too good to be true ...... IT IS!!! Always trust your gut feeling. Throw the book at him!
  • Michael Kent | 20 Mar 2015, 08:48 AM Agree 0
    I agree with others, how the hell did he do this for 5 years!

I used to get emails from him all the time and thought it sounded suss. One email stated he could sell me a trail book that would bring in $200k of income a year. Sale price $150k.

I called his mobile number and left a message to see if it was a mistake. Around 3 weeks later I got a call and was told it definitely was legitimate.

Luckily I checked him out first which others should have as well. There is this little web site called google. Enter his name and see what you find!
  • Andrew | 14 Jun 2015, 08:40 PM Agree 0
    Dose anyone have any idea regarding the out come of the court case against this guy?
Post a reply