Australian Broker forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Women brokers the way of the future

Notify me of new replies via email
Australian Broker | 23 Mar 2011, 06:15 AM Agree 0
Queensland-based mortgage broking group Loan Clinic is championing women brokers, claiming they are the future of financial services
  • derekmiles | 23 Mar 2011, 01:20 PM Agree 0
    I am not sure whether this is worth commenting on but I would suggest that this attitude these days is out of place. If we all followed these principals then we wouldn't have men as nurses, females as pilots and so on. Where on earth does Mr Frame get the idea that females are better at building relationships than men? I am sure that these 5 women and further expected female brokers may be offended that they are considered elite. And how does he think he can survive flouting the laws of equality relating to gender? Good luck is all I can say.
  • Broker Gold Coast | 23 Mar 2011, 01:39 PM Agree 0
    Where does this bloke get his research from? I think both male and female brokers should be equal but we consistently here all of this business about women in business etc etc. When was the last men in Business seminar or article on men being the way of the future??
  • Gavin Maslen | 23 Mar 2011, 01:41 PM Agree 0
    Women are the way to the future in broking. Can assure, this is old news. Stats have been suggesting this for many years now.
  • Maria Rigoni | 23 Mar 2011, 02:28 PM Agree 0
    Well dear me - says it all really.
    It would appear that the male is the boss /owner of the business and the talented women are all there to make him lots of money.
    People, both male and female individuals have set up and run very successful broker businesses for many years now. It is not the gender that makes a difference it is the skills and knowledge of each individual and their honest commitment to their client base and their profession.
  • Garry | 23 Mar 2011, 03:25 PM Agree 0
    Not a bad idea given that most women decide on and run the finances within the house hold - but lets face it women will be no more successful than men in this field. It ocmes down to trust, knowledge, ability, honesty, relationships and respect, not whether you wear a dress or pants.
  • Quinten | 24 Mar 2011, 09:27 AM Agree 0
    Garry, I'm 6"4' 110kgs. If I wear a dress instead of pants do you reckon it may help me relate to women better?
Post a reply