Australian Broker forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Woolworths takes another step closer to mortgages

Notify me of new replies via email
Australian Broker | 30 Jul 2014, 08:14 AM Agree 0
The supermarket financial services war is on, as Woolworths has telegraphed its next move into the sector, which could include mortgages
  • Kris Menon | 30 Jul 2014, 08:39 AM Agree 0
    Next thing i heard very soon may also happen that Oporto or KFC will selling finance or the local bakery.
  • Coast Broker | 30 Jul 2014, 08:57 AM Agree 0
    I will just go down to Woolworths and do my shopping for the week and while I am there I will get a Home Loan approved and use my shopping docket to get discounted fuel. NOT
  • Regional Broker | 30 Jul 2014, 09:09 AM Agree 0
    Hope ASIC are keeping a close watch on developments at Woolworths and Coles, to ensure they remain fully compliant with the NCCP legislation, or are they still going to just watch the small broker niche? Time will tell !
  • Incognito | 30 Jul 2014, 09:43 AM Agree 0
    I can feel a loss-leading-headline-rate coming to a Colesworths near you.
  • Denise Brailey BFCSA (Inc) | 30 Jul 2014, 09:57 AM Agree 0
    Its time the regulators ASIC and APRA investigated present major Lenders and cleaned up the unaffordable lending activity before other players are granted a licence to enter into this arena. Consumers need a fair go.
  • Peter Ritchie | 30 Jul 2014, 02:40 PM Agree 0
    Do you want fries with your offset account?
  • Old Broker | 01 Aug 2014, 11:28 AM Agree 0
    wasnt the NCCP supposed to end all of this and bring in a more personal and deeper relationship with the consumer or have I just missed the point of this all together.. why dont they just sell stocks at the self service machine with a nice photo of Charles Ponzi as the rep
Post a reply