Australian Broker forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Year one trail for Suncorp brokers

Notify me of new replies via email
Australian Broker | 12 Dec 2011, 07:00 AM Agree 0
Suncorp has introduced year-one trail commissions amid other changes it says will simplify its commission structure
  • Country Broker | 12 Dec 2011, 11:58 AM Agree 0
    Intresting NAB, and now Suncorp starting with better commisons have the aggregators done any of this no of course not, supply and demand are ruling her. , It shows that if the aggregators stood up for their brokers they would and should be able to negoiate better commission structures, are they going to do it NO WAY , why who owns the majority of AGGREGATORS/ LARGE BROKERS OH THAT'S RIGHT, some of the big four banks. Time the ACCC looked carefully at this is it restriction of trade ??
  • Positive Broker | 12 Dec 2011, 04:05 PM Agree 0
    Lets dwell on the positive. Just maybe the tide is turning on commissions. I know that my first strategy decision next year is support lenders who need brokers (Regional banks). I need a lender who will turn a deal around quickly and will actually put in an effort and make things happen. No more "its on the queue, we will get to it next Friday" for me.
  • Positive Broker | 12 Dec 2011, 04:06 PM Agree 0
    Quick decisions and a willingness to help is crucial. Rate will become less of an issue if other lenders follow ANZs lead.
  • ozboy | 13 Dec 2011, 10:17 AM Agree 0
    I agree the tide has turned now if only our aggregators and industry associations can make the most of this opportunity.
  • JBJB | 14 Dec 2011, 12:19 PM Agree 0
    Strange isn't it. Suddenly target business, star ratings, no trail year 1, are out the window and Banks are now offering what Brokers could have told them to long ago. The inconsistent commission gyrations of respective 3rd Party Channel Bank representatives have been proven sure fire losers with Brokers. What a shame they didn't consult the channel properly before stubbornly implimenting such ill conceived policy.
Post a reply