An industry association has offered broker tips to increase their publicity profile.
has urged its members to be more proactive in marketing their businesses, and has offered pointers for gaining free publicity. Association CEO Peter White
said the FBAA
offered its members tips because many good brokers are not necessarily good marketers.
“Running a successful business is different from being a good finance broker, and as an industry body, we want to help members prosper,” White said.
The associations marketing tips are:
- Build a relationship with your local media
- Monitor what FBAA is doing publicly and create a local angle
- Twitter - Be strategic and give followers news they won’t get from other sources
- Facebook – This is more consumer based, so give people a reason to share your posts
- Email newsletter - Don’t talk about yourself; talk about your clients
media consultant and Mercer PR principal Lyall Mercer said building a media presence can help build a broker's standing in their local community.
“When a broker is viewed as an expert and provides information and advice that will benefit others, profile is built and business is generated,” he said.