State extends first home buyer grant by two years

by AB18 Jun 2013

The NSW government has announced it’s extending the first home buyers’ grant by another two years, entitling prospective home owners to a $15,000 inducement when purchasing a new house.

On Saturday, NSW Treasurer, Mike Baird, said the scheme had experienced a 60% leap in grants in the first few months of 2013 compared to last year. The grant was due to drop to $10,000 next year, but will now be offered until 2016, under measures to be contained in next Tuesday's state Budget.

“As part of the Building the State package announced in last year's Budget,” says Baird, “the NSW Government more than doubled the First Home Owners Grant for new homes costing up to $650,000 to $15,000 and we are already seeing signs of life in the critical housing sector.”


  • by SIDBROKER 18/06/2013 10:08:13 AM

    Well thats great but what about about the abolishion of stamp duty. After all we have gst don`t we. Better still why do we need the expense of State Govt`s at all. We have small population and too many public servants to feed at the expense of the greater community.Time for correction!!!