Australian Broker forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

ASIC bans broker for three years

Notify me of new replies via email
Australian Broker | 05 Feb 2018, 11:06 AM Agree 0
The broker overstated clients’ savings in loan applications on five occasions
  • Country Broker | 05 Feb 2018, 11:29 AM Agree 0
    I am curious , did the lender not ask for proof of the savings amounts.
    Yes the Broker was wrong and fraudulent , but in my experience the banks I deal with in this space want confirmation of the deposits held.
  • SWLS | 05 Feb 2018, 12:04 PM Agree 0
    From what I read, the broker actually fabricated the document as well. All lenders will ask for proof of savings, especially with an SMSF loan.
  • SEQ Broker | 05 Feb 2018, 01:05 PM Agree 0
    Only 3 Years....
    Recently I have let a couple of deals go because the narrowly miss servicing requirements only for them to be picked up elsewhere...
    The result of committing a purposeful fraud should be expulsion.

• Tim H | 05 Feb 2018, 01:44 PM Agree 0
    SEQ Broker I could not agree more. We have an overcrowding of brokers with the entry level way too low in my opinion.
    This guys actions were fraudulent. This is a criminal activity related to people's financial dealings and he should be banned for life.
    Sounds like the whole organisations operations are questionable. Hopefully there will be criminal charges also.
  • Peter | 05 Feb 2018, 02:14 PM Agree 0
    I wholly agree with all the comments, doesn't the lender ask for proof of savings ie statements
  • SMc | 05 Feb 2018, 04:05 PM Agree 0
    These guys (criminals) were into all sorts of crooked activities - I bet they even took commissions from developers agents, given that a consumer, in the instance on this link, paid $335,000 for a property that is valued at only $270,000 http://www.smh.com.au/national/when-a-property-scam-hits-home-20121103-28qs4.html
  • Interested Party | 06 Feb 2018, 12:01 AM
    Deleted by moderator
Post a reply