Australian Broker forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Broker workload causing “brand decay”

Notify me of new replies via email
Rebecca Pike | 09 Jan 2019, 05:25 AM Agree 0
A survey shows 93% of brokers agree they are doing more work on a loan
  • Skeptikal | 09 Jan 2019, 11:11 AM Agree 0
    EXCELLENT article Rebecca I have been saying this exact thing for some time now Its nice to see it laid out so well. I am glad I was not the only one that thought this was a growing problem .
  • Xyz | 09 Jan 2019, 01:21 PM Agree 0
    End of the day due to RC mostly lower or lower middle class household will suffer more.
  • Tim H | 10 Jan 2019, 02:10 PM Agree 0
    If it wasn't so serious it would be funny that the audit team queried a broker about the education costs for a three year old.
    Add this to additional NCCP compliance paperwork, living expenses and other verifications, on line lodgement, attaching documents to these online applications, answering questions about why borrowers actual expenses in the months leading up to Christmas are greater than at other times of the year etc and it shows we brokers are spending more and more time satisfying the onerous demands now being put on us.
    Karen Hall is on the money with her analysis and there will be many good brokers throw their hands in the air and say enough is enough and leave the industry.
    That will be the end result of all this and when all that experience goes will the Royal Commission, APRA and ASIC have achieved their goal of better customer outcomes, I don't think so.
Post a reply