Australian Broker forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Carbon tax labelled vote for expensive housing

Notify me of new replies via email
Australian Broker | 09 Nov 2011, 12:15 AM Agree 0
Master Builders has slammed the Senate's move yesterday to pass the carbon tax legislation, claiming it will increase the cost of housing
  • Marno | 12 Jan 2013, 08:01 PM Agree 0
    You should claim the pro-rated amuont you paid on the old property and any pro-rated amuont you paid on the new property (often in advance of the year-end billing), then remember to make any necessary adjustments after official tax bills come out and get re-divided. In theory, you paid the taxes by giving the money to somebody else (or putting it into escrow for taxes) and you are allowed to assume they actually made the necessary payments to the necessary authorities. A lender holding tax escrow should give you an annual statement of taxes collected, held and paid out.
Post a reply