The winners of the 2019 MFAA National Excellence Awards were revealed at a gala ceremony, held last night in Melbourne.
The association's CEO Mike Felton, praised the finalists and recipients for not only weathering an exceptionally tough year, but for maintaining the industry’s customer focus and contributing to the achievement of the highest ever broker market share.
Felton said, “After a challenging year for our industry, it is phenomenal to be able to come together and shine a light on the positive influence of our members and the terrific work they do in driving competition, choice and access to credit.”
Yesterday’s event was the culmination of the MFAA’s National Roadshow and State Excellence Awards ceremonies, held across five capital cities over recent months to reward excellence in customer service, professionalism, innovation and ethics.
Last night, Kathy Cummings was inducted as a life member of the MFAA in recognition of her contribution to both the association and the industry at large.
Felton said, “Since commencing her career in banking and finance over 30 years ago, Kathy’s professional standing, tenacity and experience has seen her contribute significantly to the MFAA and the advancement of our industry more broadly.
“Kathy has had a distinguished career that has strongly focused on the advancement of the third-party channel. She also served as an active representative of the MFAA for nearly nine years, including as a member of the board between 2004 and 2009.”
The 22 awards given over the course of the evening honoured the high levels of expertise and professionalism members of the MFAA provide when servicing customers across the country. The categories were judged on a range of criteria, rather than revenues alone, ensuring brokers in all locations could be winners, including those in regional and rural Australia.
“The awards provided another reminder of the breadth and depth of talent of our industry stretching across Australia to serve people in all corners of the country,” said Felton.
“The MFAA is incredibly proud to represent such outstanding professionals, who each year manage to excel and show just what our industry is about and what we stand for.”
The 2019 awards winners:
- Aggregator Award – Connective
- Business Development Manager Award (Aggregator) – David Vizza (Finsure Finance & Insurance)
- Business Development Manager Award (Lender/Support Service Provider)– Dayna Manser (Bluestone)
- Commercial Finance Broker Award – Kevin Wheatley (Bayside Residential and Commercial Mortgages)
- Community Champion Award – Mhairi MacLeod (Astute Ability Group)
- Customer Service Award (Business) – Time Home Loans
- Customer Service Award (Individual) – Glenn Crombie (Loan Market Braeside – Financially Secure)
- Diversified Business Award – Bluehive Financial Services
- Equipment Finance Broker Award – Matthew Ford (Finestream Capital)
- Finance Broker Business Award – Rise High Financial Solutions
- Fintech Lender Award – Prospa
- Loan Administrator Award – Lisa Venn (Time Home Loans)
- Major Lender Award – ANZ
- Mortgage Manager Award – Better Choice
- Mutual/Specialty Lender Award – Pepper Money
- Newcomer Award – Bernard Desmond (Loan Market – Feedback Finance)
- Non-Major Lender Award – Bankwest
- Professional Development Award – Connective
- Regional Finance Broker Award – Steve Milligan (Launch Finance)
- Residential Finance Broker Award – Gary Owen (Mortgage Choice – Port Macquarie)
- Support Service Provider Award – First Home Buyer Buddy
- Young Professional Award – Marissa Schulze (Rise High Financial Solutions)