The MFAA yesterday launched its 2020 award season with the first ever virtual Excellence Awards recognising the most outstanding finance industry professionals in South Australia and the Northern Territory.
The virtual event was the first in a series of five to take place in the coming weeks before the national awards ceremony is held in August. According to MFAA CEO Mike Felton, the awards are designed to reward excellence in customer service, professionalism, innovation and ethics.
“After a difficult year for the Australian economy, and one that tested the resilience of our industry, it is phenomenal to be able to shine a light on the achievements of our members and the wonderful work they do in helping Australians realise their dreams and also supporting them through times of financial hardship,” Felton said.
“Through the devastating bushfires and the uncertainty of COVID-19, brokers have risen to the challenge providing credit assistance in highly fluid circumstances and supporting those in need with charity fundraising and community initiatives.”
The 2020 MFAA State Excellence Award winners for SA/NT are:
- Loan Administrator Award – Stephanie Miller (Aussie Prospect)
- Fintech Lender Award – Prospa
- Mutual/Specialty Lender Award – Resimac
- Non-Major Lender Award – ING
- Major Lender Award – Commonwealth Bank
- BDM Award – Lender and Support Service Provider – Erin Manhood (Prospa)
- BDM Award – Aggregator – Ben Livera (Mortgage Choice)
- Equipment Finance Broker Award – Matthew Ford (Finestream Capital)
- Commercial Finance Broker Award – Greg Samuel (Samuel Finance)
- Diversified Business Award – Sofie Chapman Mortgage & Finance
- Community Champion Award – Meghan Castledine (Mortgage Choice Malvern)
- Customer Service Award – Business – Rise High Financial Solutions
- Customer Service Award – Individual – Sofie Chapman (Sophie Chapman Mortgage & Finance)
- Newcomer Award – Jacob Borg (Aussie Modbury)
- Young Professional Award – Matthew Ford (Finestream Capital)
- Regional Finance Broker Award – Aaron Vogt (Preferred Finance)
- Finance Broker Business Award – Rise High Financial Solutions
- Residential Finance Broker Award – Matthew Rose (Aussie Prospect)
“It is wonderful to see that despite the upheaval of the past 12 months, our members not only maintained their commitment to excellent customer service, they enhanced it. This is a mark of the professionalism and commitment of our members who never fail to put their customers first,” said Felton.
“It was a privilege to recognise all the award finalists and my congratulations go to those who emerged victorious in their respective categories,” he finished.