The third MFAA State Excellence Awards were held last night in Perth to honour the top performing brokers, BDMs, lenders and aggregators in Western Australia.
According to MFAA CEO Mike Felton, “These awards provide an opportunity to celebrate our industry as a whole, which despite significant headwinds, has continued to grow in market share over this past year.”
Felton said that the event shines a light on the “hard work and dedication” evidenced across the region, with Western Australian industry members “continuing to help to put people in homes” despite the chaos of the last few months.
The winners for each of the 18 categories were chosen based on their customer service, professionalism, innovation and ethics.
Last night’s WA award winners were:
- Business Development Manager Award – Aggregator – Jia Jia Wong (AFG)
- Business Development Manager Award – Lender/Support Service Provider – Michelle Giaimo
- Commercial Finance Broker Award – Steven McCaughey (Byfields Finance Solutions)
- Community Champion Award – Helia Singh (Assurance Finance & Business Solutions)
- Customer Service Award – Business – Launch Finance
- Customer Service Award – Individual – Michelle Towner (Towner Finance)
- Diversified Business Award – TAG Financial Group
- Equipment Finance Broker Award – Brett Richardson (Loan Market – Ellenbrook)
- Finance Broker Business Award – The Loan Company
- Fintech Lender Award – Prospa
- Loan Administrator Award – Tania Richardson (Loan Market – Ellenbrook)
- Major Lender Award – ANZ
- Mutual/Specialty Lender Award – Pepper Money
- Newcomer Award – Julie Bishop (Cohesive Finance)
- Non-Major Lender Award – Bankwest
- Regional Finance Broker – Steve Milligan (Launch Finance)
- Residential Finance Broker Award – Ashleigh Patterson (Momentum Wealth)
- Young Professional Award – Balpreet Singh Bal (Loan Market – Team Bal, Welshpool)
Fintech lender Prospa, specialty lender Pepper Money, and non-major lender Bankwest each claimed their respective categories at the two previous award events as well, held in Sydney and Adelaide.
The MFAA National Roadshow has two more stops – Brisbane on May 30, and Melbourne on June 6.