The MFAA has announced a record line-up of 59 finalists for its 2014 MFAA National Excellence Awards.
The finalists comprise individuals and both large and small businesses excelling as mortgage and finance credit advisers, broking businesses, franchise and aggregator groups, mortgage managers, banks and non-bank lenders, said MFAA CEO Phil Naylor.
“We are delighted with the record number of very professional submissions provided by the 59 finalists, who range from individual operators to major aggregator groups," said Naylor.
“The industry is currently experiencing strong growth as our members continue to gain market share in the mortgage and finance sector, and the quality of the 2014 finalists reflects this performance”.
Women dominate the MFAA Credit Adviser of the Year category, with female credit advisers accounting for four of the six nominees, including AMA Young Gun of the Year 2013 Leteisha Pileggi. A further ten brokers are finalists in the Achievement Award category.
Of the nominees for Lender of the Year category Westpac is the only big four lender absent from the finalists list. Bankwest, ING, Macquarie and Suncorp are all finalists in the second-tier category.
Sam Boer, general manager broker sales at CBA says the bank is proud to continue sponsorship of the awards for the eleventh consecutive year.
"This longevity is a mark of our commitment to the sustainability of the mortgage broking industry and our eagerness to encourage brokers to strive for excellence," said Boer.
“The MFAA Excellence Awards honours those who have been outstanding in demonstrating strong business capabilities and delivering exceptional customer service. These Awards pay tribute to those who deliver quality in everything they do.”
The awards, held on February 28 at the Westin Hotel in Sydney, are judged and audited by an independent panel of industry experts. Judges this year include: Australian Property Institute CEO David Haythorn; CreditED Chairman Kym Dalton; ALI Group’s CEO Ray Hair; RP Data’s Craig Mackenzie and Peter Bromley; Martin Wanless from Mahlab Media; Greg Ashe from QED Risk Services; LIXI Chairman Paul Lahiff; and Gerard Hermens from the Institute of Strategic Management.
There are 13 award categories and a premier award - the MFAA Award of Distinction, which is judged from the winners of the other categories (excluding the Achievement, Lender of the Year and Support Services categories).
Full list of finalists and categories:
BDM of the Year
Mortgage Credit Adviser of the Year
- Paul Brown, Aston Mortgage & Finance - North Adelaide (SA)
- Ashleigh Wight, Diversifi – North Perth (WA)
- Shayne Betreen, Gain Financial – Point Cook (VIC)
- Alisa Blair, Iconic Home Loans – Osborne Park (WA)
- Bianca Patterson, Momentum Wealth Finance – East Perth (WA)
- Monica van Riet, Mortgage Choice South Melbourne – South Melbourne (VIC)
- James Schulze, Rise High Financial Solutions – Prospect (SA)
- Nermalee Bowe, QuickSelect – Sydney (NSW)
Finance Credit Adviser Business
- Peita Davies, Choice Home Loans – Blue Mountains (NSW)
- Justin Doobov, Intelligent Finance – Bondi Junction (NSW)
- Deslie Taylor, Mortgage Choice - Beenleigh (NSW)
- Leteisha Pileggi, Mortgage Choice – Cannington (WA)
- Melissa Gielnik, Smart Lending – Melton (VIC)
- Ruan Burger, Time Home Loans – East Brisbane (QLD)
Mortgage Credit Adviser Business: 2-5 loan writers
- Hawthorn Finance – Hawthorn (VIC)
- Mildura Finance – Mildura (VIC)
- Robinson Sewell Partners – Wagga Wagga (NSW)
- Wells Partners/Mortgage Link Group – Parramatta (NSW)
Mortgage Credit Adviser Business: 6+ loan writers
- Afirm Financial – Kent Town (SA)
- Astute East Brisbane – East Brisbane (QLD)
- Great Aussie Dream – Glenmore Park (NSW)
- Logic Wealth Group – Adelaide (SA)
- Momentum Wealth – East Perth (WA)
- Mortgage Choice – Richmond (NSW)
Mortgage Manager of the Year
- Oxygen Home Loans – Edgecliff (NSW)
- Resolve Finance – Osborne Park (WA)
- Smartline Adelaide City – Adelaide (SA)
Retail & Wholesale Aggregator/Originator
- Barnes Home Loans – Windsor (NSW)
- Homeloans Ltd – Perth (WA)
- State Custodians Mortgage Company – Sydney (NSW)
Retail Aggregator/Originator of the Year
- Astute Financial Management – Rosalie (QLD)
- Ballast Finance – Jandakot (WA)
- EChoice Home Loans – Sydney (NSW)
- Aussie – Sydney (NSW)
- Choice Home Loans – Docklands (VIC)
- Mortgage Choice – North Sydney (NSW)
- Smartline – North Ryde (NSW)
Support Services Provider
- Connective – Melbourne (VIC)
- FAST Finance– Sydney (NSW)
- National Mortgage Brokers – Melbourne (VIC)
- Vow Financial – Sydney (NSW)
Lender of the Year:
- Classic Mentoring – Belfield (NSW)
- NextGen.Net – North Sydney (NSW)
- RP Data – Sydney (NSW)
- Stargate Group – Richmond (VIC)
- QED Risk Services – Enoggera (QLD)
- Your Client Matters – Miranda (NSW)
- Commonwealth Bank
- NAB Broker