The Mortgage & Finance Association of Australia (MFAA) has revealed the details of its Virtual Conference 2020, centred around the timely theme of ‘Succeeding in the new era’.
The sessions, free for MFAA members, have been structured to equip participants with the knowledge and skills necessary to adapt to the current changes, maintain motivation, and be inspired in an era of transformation.
MFAA CEO Mike Felton emphasised the relentless flux the finance broking industry has been in over recent years with evolving customer expectations, new and emerging legislative and regulatory change, technology pivots and a global health crisis all occurring in rapid fire against a backdrop of broader economic and market fluctuation.
“These changes have brought about a new era requiring brokers to not only be resilient, but flexible and adaptable whilst ensuring their business remains relevant to their clients’ evolving needs,” Felton said.
As such, the MFAA's multi-week event will feature interviews and marketing panels with industry and broker specialists, live educational presentations and a virtual exhibition where participants are able to directly engage with industry partners.
The conference kicks off on Thursday, 27 August before carrying on for four consecutive Thursdays. The line-up of speakers includes world-renowned optimist and visionary TED Talk speaker Simon Sinek who will be interviewed on behalf of the MFAA by television journalist Ross Greenwood.
Other speakers include:
- Dr. Bronwyn King – social entrepreneur and renowned humanitarian
- Anthony Sork – thought leader in employee perception measurement
- Mark Mathews – world class big wave surfer, Red Bull athlete and surf contest director
- Milo-Arne Wilkinson – international award-winning behavioural scientist specialising in behavioural patterns
- Peter Switzer – one of Australia’s leading business and financial commentators, as well as successful businessman in his own right
More information about the Virtual Conference 2020 can be found on the MFAA website.