The Mortgage and Finance Association of Australia (MFAA) awards were held last night, and the winners are in!
Always one of the biggest nights of the year for the broker channel, the ceremony was held online due to the ongoing lockdowns in Sydney, Melbourne and South Australia, but the spirit was as high as ever as the gongs were handed out.
The winners qualified through a series of events that were held on a state by state basis, culminating in the big night last night.
Mhairi MacLeod, 2020 Australian Mortgage Award winner, was again garlanded, this time as the Community Champions Award.
Damien Rylance of Melbourne brokerage Entourage picked up the big gong of Residential Finance Broker Award, while on the Commercial Finance Broker side, George Karam of BF Money (pictured) picked up the biggest prize.
Prospa were named as the leading fintech, Pepper Money as the leading mutal/specialty lender and Macquarie Bank as the best Major Lender.
Matt Hall at Liberty and Ben Livera at Mortgage Choice were top of the pile for BDMs in their respective categories, and Priscilla Tan of SF Capital was named as best in customer service.
The full list of winners can be found below.
2021 MFAA National Excellence Awards winners
- Community Champion Award – Mhairi MacLeod, Astute Ability Group
- Fintech Lender Award – Prospa
- Mutual/Specialty Lender Award – Pepper Money
- Non-Major Lender Award – Bankwest
- Major Lender Award – Macquarie Bank
- Business Development Manager Award – Lender/Support Service Provider – Matt Hall, Liberty
- Business Development Manager Award – Aggregator – Ben Livera, Mortgage Choice
- Aggregator Award – Loan Market
- Support Service Provider Award – Small Company – Broker Profits Vault
- Support Service Provider Award – Large Company – Allianz
- Diversity and Inclusion Program Award – Loan Market
- Professional Development Award – Loan Market
- Loan Administrator Award – Kristel Ongoco, Entourage
- Equipment Finance Broker Award – Matthew Ford, Finestream Capital
- Commercial Finance Broker Award – George Karam, BF Money
- Diversified Business Award – My Expert
- Customer Service Award – Business – Towner Finance
- Customer Service Award – Individual – Priscilla Tan, SF Capital
- Newcomer Award – Melissa Wright, Zest Mortgage Solutions
- Young Professional Award – Joel Wyld, Peasy
- Regional Finance Broker – Tamara Virgo, TV Financial Services
- Finance Broker Business Award – Rise High Financial Solutions
- Residential Finance Broker Award – Damien Roylance, Entourage Finance