The Mortgage & Finance Association of Australia has named the winners of its State Excellence Awards for Victoria and Tasmania.
Mike Felton, CEO of the MFAA, said the recognition this year is a testament to the industry’s resilience amid the changes brought about by the pandemic.
“It is hard to believe that we have lived and worked through all of the tough experiences that the last 12 months have thrown at us,” he said during the virtual event.
“Resilience and flexibility have been key to our industry’s ability to adapt over the past year and cope with changes, such as the first recession in 29 years, extended period of lockdowns, a combination of increased volume and a severe deterioration in lender processing times, and the commencement of the single biggest legislative change our industry has faced in more than 10 years in the form of best interest duty.”
Felton said not only did the industry adapted to the ever-changing environment, but it has also remained true to its customer-first ethos.
“This resilience and commitment produced a record broker market share result of 60.1%. The fact that we have achieved the highest market share result to date in year when many have to overcome their own vulnerabilities and help customers through theirs has been nothing but short of inspiration,” he said.
Here are the winners in the VIC/TAS MFAA State Awards 2021:
- Major Lender Award – Macquarie Bank
- Non-major Lender Award – ING Bank
- Mutual/Specialty Lender Award – Liberty
- Fintech Lender Award – Prospa
- Customer Service Award – Business – Resolve Finance
- Diversified Business Award – My Expert
- Finance Broker Business Award – Accession Finance
INDIVIDUAL CATEGORY FINALISTS
- Business Development Manager Award – Aggregator - Daniel Coniglio, PLAN Australia
- Business Development Manager Award – Lender & Support Service Provider – Matt Hall, Liberty
- Community Champion Award - Geoff Wood, My First Property
- Commercial Finance Broker Award - Julie Cassidy, Partners Wealth Group
- Customer Service Award - Individual - Chris Foster-Ramsay, Foster Ramsay Finance
- Equipment Finance Broker Award - Sharon Piening, The 500 Group Loan Administrator Award - Kristel Ongoco, Entourage Finance
- Newcomer Award - Nam Chau, Ascot Mortgage Group
- Regional Finance Broker Award - Robyn Beath, Astute Melbourne City-South and Gippsland
- Residential Finance Broker Award - Damien Roylance, Entourage Finance
- Young Professional Award - Will Unkles, 40 Forty Finance