The Mortgage and Finance Association of Australia (MFAA) named and honoured the best within the industry at its first ever virtual MFAA National Excellence Awards held yesterday, 6 August.
According to MFAA CEO Mike Felton, it has never been more important to celebrate broker success stories given the challenges faced over the past 12 months.
“This year, we faced devastating bushfires that ravaged communities throughout Australia, a global pandemic that continues to take a terrible toll on people and economies around the world, and significant imminent reforms out of the royal commission,” he listed.
“But, amidst the challenges and uncertainty, our industry has come together showing compassion and excellence to continue to support communities and clients – helping many through periods of exceptional hardship.”
Yesterday’s national event followed the association’s string of state awards recognising excellence in customer service, professionalism, innovation and ethics exhibited by individuals and businesses across the country.
The 22 awards, audited by Hall Chadwick, were judged by industry professionals based on a range of selected criteria rather than revenues alone to ensure brokers in all locations had a fair chance.
The winners of the 2020 MFAA National Excellence Awards are:
- Community Champion Award – Helia Singh, Assurance Finance & Business Solutions
- Diversified Business Award – Cohesive Finance
- Fintech Lender Award – Prospa
- Major Lender Award – Macquarie Bank
- Support Service Provider Award - Large Company – ALI Group
- Support Service Provider Award - Small Company – Loanworks
- Mutual/Specialty Lender Award – Pepper Money
- Non-Major Lender Award – Bankwest
- Customer Service Award – Business – Entourage Finance
- Finance Broker Business Award – Rise High Financial Solutions
- Professional Development Award – Connective
- Aggregator Award – Connective
- Business Development Manager Award – Aggregator – Peter Bryant, Vow Financial
- Residential Finance Broker Award – Fabio De Castro, Oxygen Home Loans
- Equipment Finance Broker Award – Matthew Ford, Finestream Capital
- Young Professional Award – Lauren Hall, Loan Market Edge
- Newcomer Award – Lauren Hall, Loan Market Edge
- Commercial Finance Broker Award – George Karam, BF Money
- Business Development Manager Award – Lender/Support Service Provider – Erin Manhood, Prospa
- Loan Administrator Award – Rebecca Mcilwain, Birdie Wealth
- Regional Finance Broker Award – Xavier Quenon, Go Mortgage
- Customer Service Award – Individual – Louisa Sanghera, Zippy Financial Group
“These awards provide another reminder of the breadth and depth of talent in our industry stretching across Australia to serve people in all corners of the country,” Felton said.
“The MFAA is incredibly proud to represent such outstanding professionals, who each year manage to excel in spite of the challenges they face and show just what our industry is about and what we stand for.”