The MFAA hosted its fourth 2020 State Excellence Awards event yesterday, 23 July, celebrating the industry standouts in Victoria and Tasmania.
Viewers tuned into the digital event from across the country, as the association honoured those who have exhibited excellence in customer service, professionalism, innovation and ethics over the last year, even as bushfires and the COVID pandemic racked the nation.
“After a difficult year for the Australian economy, and one that tested the resilience of our industry, it is phenomenal to be able to shine a light on the achievements of our members and the wonderful work they do in helping Australians realise their dreams and also supporting them through times of financial hardship,” said MFAA CEO Mike Felton.
Yesterday’s 2020 State Excellence Award winners for VIC/TAS were:
- Loan Administrator Award – Elizabeth Arch, The Practice
- Fintech Leader Award – Prospa
- Mutual /Specialty Lender Award – Liberty
- Non-Major Lender Award – Bankwest
- Major Lender Award – Macquarie Bank
- BDM Award - Lender and Support Service Provider – Andrew Crossley, Resimac
- BDM Award – Aggregator – Foti Apostolidis, AFG
- Equipment Finance Broker Award – Sharon Piening, The 500 Group
- Commercial Finance Broker Award – Scott Seng, MoneyQuest Balwyn
- Diversified Business Award – Astute Financial Melbourne City South/Gippsland
- Community Champion Award – Intuitive Finance
- Customer Service Award – Business – Entourage Finance
- Customer Service Award – Individual – Glenn Crombie, Loan Market Mordialloc
- Newcomer Award – Lachlan Mirams, Intuitive Finance
- Young Professional Award – Will Unkles, 40 Forty Finance
- Regional Finance Broker Award – Mark Petterwood, Astute Finance Geelong
- Finance Broker Business Award – Australian Lending & Investment Centre
- Residential Finance Broker Award – Josh Bartlett, Mortgage Advice Bureau
The final state award event will take place today, 24 July, before the national awards ceremony is hosted in August.